Are you visiting Tulum and don’t know what to do? Discover the Top 20 best things to do in Tulum to make the most of your trip.
Tulum is a wonderful magical town in the Mexican Republic, its privileged location is a point of reference for hundreds of tourists that every year decide to visit it to get charged with the good energies of the Caribbean Sea.
If you are still hesitating to visit Tulum, this is a sign for you to book your hotel immediately, because we assure you that once you are here, you won’t want to leave.
This article may interest you: Tulum Cenotes.
How to get to Tulum?
In ancient times, this wonderful natural town was called “Zama”, which in Mayan language means “morning”, but over time, this population changed its name to what we know today as Tulum, which means “wall”.
Besides being one of Mexico’s magical towns, Tulum stands out in the international community for its number of cenotes worth visiting. Getting here is very easy and there are several ways to do it:
By public transportation from Cancun.
The most popular way is to get to Tulum by bus from Cancun. It is approximately a 2-hour trip with the ADO bus line, the most popular in the area, whose units are air-conditioned and have very comfortable seats.
The ticket price is around $250 MXN or $13 USD and departures start at 9 am.
On your own in a rented car.
There is nothing better than a road trip along the Caribbean Coast! If your trip to Tulum is with friends or family, maybe the best option for you is to rent a car and travel on your own to Tulum.
In Cancun, you will find many car rental companies, which you can purchase by paying a deposit and presenting your driver’s license.
Things to do and see in Tulum.
We know that Tulum is popular for its beaches with crystal clear turquoise waters, a must to visit during your trip. But the surprise is that besides the beautiful beaches, there are a lot of activities you can do during your vacation in Tulum.
Here are 20 things to do and see in Tulum, so you can add them to your travel itinerary:
1. Swim in Tulum’s Cenotes “Kin Ha” and “Ak Tun”.
2. Taste artisanal Mezcal in a bar in the Hotel Zone, such as Santo Mercado.
3. Walk along the main avenue of Tulum.
4. Snorkel and observe the reefs of Playa Paraiso.
5. Visit the Tulum Archaeological Zone and El Castillo Ruins.
6. Take a tour to swim with turtles at Playa Pescadores.
7. Practice yoga at sunrise at Playa Santa Fe.
8. Tour the Riviera Maya jungle by ATV.
9. Watch the sunset at the Mayan Beach.
10. Go to a traditional Temazcal to purify your energies.
11. Taste Mediterranean food with local ingredients at El Loco Tulum Restaurant.
12. Observe the flora and fauna of the region at Tulum National Park.
13. Buy souvenirs at a traditional local market.
14. Have breakfast 118 feet up in the Tulum Tower.
15. Take a picture at the famous “Tulum” sign and the popular “Come to the Light” sculpture.
16. Go kayaking at Playa Pescadores.
17. Take a Taco Tour at Tulum’s best taquerias and try a variety of duck, lamb, seafood tacos and more!
18. Rent a bicycle to ride through the colorful streets of Tulum town.
19. Discover your Mayan oracle, by living the experience of having your Mayan astrological charts read.
20. Exercise in natural style at Tulum Jungle Gym.
Eco-Hotel Casa Coyote: Live the experience of visiting Tulum to the fullest.
To enjoy your stay in Tulum to the fullest, we recommend staying at the Eco-Hotel Casa Coyote, a beautiful and comfortable hotel next to the Mayan jungle of Tulum.
In this hotel you will find a great amount of amenities, from an outdoor jungle-style gym, to a restaurant with Mediterranean-style gastronomic delights and a Temazcal. Don’t wait any longer and book your stay at Hotel Casa Coyote, one of the best accommodations in Tulum! Reserva aquí.